Sunday, September 11, 2011

Who needs sleep?

Merete had her friend birthday party yesterday/ today. The festivities started at the pool. This is the pool's last open weekend this season so we lucked out. It was also the first sunny, warm day in almost two weeks; it's been rather rainy here.

Her actual birthday is August 26, but we've discovered that celebrating once the school year starts the odds of friends being able to come is better.




She had five friends come: Sophie, Clare, Nora, Emily and Beatrice. Nora managed to hide from most of the photos, so it often looks like there are only five of them.










After the pool we headed to the house where Merete opened presents and the girls generally acted crazy.









Then pizza and cake for dinner, followed by painting picture frames.













The highlight for the girls was probably the sleepover part. Not so much for us. At 1:30, I finally went down and threatened to call parents. Merete reports that scared them all and after that there was no more talking and they all fell quickly asleep. Guess I've learned that's a good strategy to use at 10:30 rather than once Matt and I have lost patience.

This morning I was a bit of a grump. Oh, well. After chocolate chip waffles the girls were happily playing and insisting they weren't a bit tired.




When asked if her party was a success, she says, "YES!"

No comments:

Post a Comment