Monday, November 14, 2011

Green belt, soccer, and singing

Merete with her new belt.
Last week Merete had a karate belt exam. She is now officially a green belt. Merete reports: "I'm 6th grade green belt. It's the 4th level."

I think it means she can now officially beat up Matt.












Finn showing off his soccer medals.


Meanwhile, Finn is busy with soccer. He will finish up his soccer season with a final scrimmage this weekend. Finn reports: "I am very good at soccer. I'm great at looking at the goal" (that means when he gets the ball he is good at facing the goal he's scoring on). And, "I'm great at scoring." Can you tell that Finn is rather impressed with his soccer abilities?











Finn is also discovering the wonders of kindergarten: school lunch (which he thinks are wonderful), recess, gym and free choice center. He's really into numbers and math. His teacher reports that he is a nice kid and "everybody wants to play with him." Every day he gets off the bus glowing because he sat with Max, a 2nd grader. Here's a recent song he's learned:
In case you can't quite make out the words: "Happy birthday to me,I'm a 103, I live in the sea,  I eat little fishies, and a big one ate me." He sang it non-stop for 3 days. Ah, the life of a kindergartner.

No comments:

Post a Comment